Starting salary listed is based on experience - Master's degree.
Pennsylvania Counseling Services (PCS) is looking for a master's level mental health therapist to join our team!
Are are looking for a job that makes a lasting impact on families? Are you are looking to put your education and experience to use in a supportive atmosphere that is close knit and values supporting each other? As a MST Therapist you will!
Multisystemic Therapy (MST) is an exciting treatment modality proven to have positive effects on youth (agres 10-17) who demonstrate external antisocial behaviors. MST Therapists are trained to work with an internationally recognized evidence-based treatment model.
The model focuses on improving and strengthening the social networks of the youth and his/her family.
In this role at PCS you will:
- Change the direction of individuals
- Restore families
- Repair relationships
- Keep clients out of placement
- Prevent clients from jail/prison/life of crime
- Promote incredible change
- Have the ability to help rally supports
- Recognize strength
- Help parents advocate for their kids
- Change what the system has built
- Give opportunities that didn't previously exist
MST's family-driven approach is more intensive than some other traditional approaches, devoting several hours of treatment each week to youth and their families working by with families for 4-6 months at a time. The model focuses on promoting behavioral change in the youth's natural environment by working with the clients in their home, school and community setting.
MST Therapist job duties:
- Conduct MST assessments including review of referral information, key participants, systemic strengths and weaknesses, and analysis of the fit on problem behaviors within an ecological context
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment
- Develop therapeutic relationships with youth and their families
- Provide direct clinical treatment using proven methods compatible with MST principles and practices
- Provide therapy within the family unit and interventions within the ecology
- Provide parent education, coaching and training
- Facilitate collateral contacts with representatives from schools, agencies and other community organizations on behalf of youth and families, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships
- Model effective self-advocacy and assertive communication skills
- Advocate on behalf of children and their families to help them meet their needs and achieve their desired level of independence and self-sufficiency
- Link families with resources available in the community
- Work collaboratively with a team of fellow MST professionals
- Participate in clinical supervision, team meetings, case consultations, training and quality assurance steps
- In home and community based work with juvenile delinquent and dependent youth
- MST treatment model includes extensive ongoing training, supportive supervision, and flexible schedule.
- Participate in on-call duties
PCS is a EOE.