Pennsylvania Counseling Services (PCS) is seeking a full-time master’s level forensic therapists to join our team!
- Free supervision for licensure for individuals interested in expanding their career
- Looking for a flexible schedule? We have a contract option that allows you to work 4 days per week seeing clients with option to work 1 day of telehealth at home.
- Newly increased rates with company paid health insurance included. Don't need health insurance? We increase the rate even more!
- Student loan pay down program to help you pay your loans off quicker.
- Multiple contract options to choose from that allow you to be in control of your income.
- Guaranteed fulltime caseload by 8 weeks!
Highlights of the position:
- In this role you would focus on a specialized caseload of clients who have engaged in problematic sexual behavior
- The bulk of this population is treated in a group setting and will include both adults and juveniles
- PCS is an approved Sexual Offenders Assessment Board (SOAB) treatment provider and we adhere to their treatment standards for services
- Clients involved in the program are primarily from the state and local criminal justice system
- Interaction and communication with probation/parole officers is an integral part of the program
- Regular updates and communication to the SOAB board for Sexually Violent Predators (SVP) clients is also required
- While the position is challenging from the clinical perspective, it also requires strong organization and communication skills in order to provide timely reports and information
- In addition to the sexual offender caseload, clinicians often have additional mental health clients to round out their weeks. These clients will likely also be referred after a period of incarceration and/or involvement with the justice system.
Supervision is provided via an onsite clinical supervisor in individual sessions, group supervision with the local outpatient office, as well as monthly forensic specific supervisions that may take place via zoom or in person. We encourage regular attendance at all SOAB trainings (typically offered quarterly) as well as the onboarding training provided to all PCS therapists.
We are seeking passionate and caring therapists to join our team and help children, adults, and families discover their greatness, overcome obstacles on their path to recovery, and facilitate healthy habits and relationships. Our therapists draw on their educational background, skills and expertise as well as that of the treatment team to provide effective treatment that recognizes the needs of the client and helps them move forward in their life. We believe in growth, optimism, hope, healing, and serving the underserved.
- Full time therapists work Monday through Friday and are required to include two evening shifts each week - option to move to four days per week after your caseload is built.
- There is a contract option that would allow for four working days per week.
- Option to work from home providing telehealth services at least one day per week.
- After your caseload is set up only 30 working hours per week required.
- Our offices are typically open from 8am-8pm on Monday - Thursday and 8am-5pm on Fridays, so your hours can be set anywhere between these hours.
- Individuals have the ability to set their own schedule and hours within some parameters to allow for you to have a work/life balance.