We are offering limited clinical training opportunities as practicum, internship, or field placement options for various educational institutions. We are looking for students who are enrolled in a Master’s degree program and want to gain experience in a family therapy setting. This internship would be providing community based team-delivered services. This is considered a full time position with the opportunity to stay after your internship is completed.
In the Family Based program, we train our team in Ecosystemic Structural Family Therapy through a process which ends in certification.
Our Family Based Services…
- are intensive in nature assisting the family in meeting the mental health needs of their child
- effectively help families handle crisis situations
- strengthen attachment and positive interactions among all family members
- help to develop a family structure, meeting the child’s needs and strengthening resiliency
- all of these efforts reduce the child’s risky behaviors and allow the parent to care for their child in the home with confidence.
Highlights of the position:
- you provide Ecosystemic Structural Family Therapy to a caseload of up to 8 families in partnership with a team mate who is a Master’s level Mental Health Professional
- in addition to providing therapeutic interventions, you also support the client families through crisis response and case management activities
- you attend weekly group and team supervision to consult on cases, grow your skills and receive clinical support from your supervisors
- additional support comes from an employer paid training program which educates staff on the clinical model and ensures therapists develop competency in delivery of the model leading to valuable certification.
- you are responsible for maintaining clinical documentation for these mental health treatment services.
This program is based in the family home setting and allows students to experience the culture, expectations and environment of the Family Based setting. Our therapists and clinical supervisors advise and collaborate with clinical trainees to support the growth of the student. We believe that people are valuable, and we exist to help children, adults and families discover their greatness. EOE