Pennsylvania Counseling Services (PCS) is seeking a full-time bachelor's level Forensic Therapist to join our team!
Looking to make a switch to a new position but unsure if you will have a caseload? Or worried that you will need to do extra work to build your caseload? Leave it to us!
Guaranteed fulltime caseload by 8 weeks!
Highlights of the position:
- In this role you would focus on a specialized caseload of clients who have engaged in problematic sexual behavior
- The bulk of this population is treated in a group setting and will include both adults and juveniles
- PCS is an approved SOAB treatment provider and we adhere to their treatment standards for services
- Clients involved in the program are primarily from the state and local criminal justice system
- Interaction and communication with probation/parole officers is an integral part of the program
- Regular updates and communication to the SOAB board for SVP clients is also required
- While the position is challenging from the clinical perspective, it also requires strong organization and communication skills in order to provide timely reports and information
- In addition to the sexual offender caseload, clinicians often have additional mental health clients to round out their weeks. These clients will likely also be referred after a period of incarceration and/or involvement with the justice system.
Supervision is provided via an onsite clinical supervisor in individual sessions, group supervision with the local outpatient office, as well as monthly forensic specific supervisions that may take place via conference call or in person. We encourage regular attendance at all SOAB trainings (typically offered quarterly) as well as the onboarding training provided to all PCS therapists.
We are seeking passionate and caring therapists to join our team and help children, adults, and families discover their greatness, overcome obstacles on their path to recovery, and facilitate healthy habits and relationships. Our therapists draw on their educational background, skills and expertise as well as that of the treatment team to provide effective treatment that recognizes the needs of the client and helps them move forward in their life. We believe in growth, optimism, hope, healing, and serving the underserved.
- Full time counselors work Monday through Friday and are required to include 2 evening shifts each week
- Our offices are open from 8am-8pm on Monday - Thursday and 8am-5pm on Fridays, so your hours can be set anywhere between these hours
- Individuals have the ability to set their own schedule and hours within some parameters to allow for you to have a work/life balance