Pennsylvania Counseling Services (PCS) is searching for a Truancy Mentor to join our Check and Connect Mentor Team!
The Check & Connect Mentor program is an evidence-based model focusing on truancy prevention and intervention within local schools. Our mentors check attendance data and follow up immediately with students and families to keep education a main issue for disengaged students.
As a Mentor:
- You would be working with children and adolescents in the school setting who are truant from school
- You would be trained in and focus on a specific model of service delivery both in person and remotely, when needed
- Your primary goal is re-engage students in education and communicate with their families and the student's teachers
- Building relationships and partnering with school personnel, community agencies, the student and their families allows for sustainable impact
- You work as a mentor, advocate and service coordinator
- You complete home visits to stay connected with families
- You must be able to work independently and be organized
Mentors work while school is in session between 40-45 hours/week on average. There is a reduced work schedule over the summer to allow for time off. EOE