Join the Pennsylvania Counseling Services team and start your career as a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT)!
In this position you are on a team of individuals under the IBHS Program.
Your main job duties will include:
- You will work under the direct supervision of an MT or BC
- Services are provided in in the child's home, school and community
- Providing interventions outlined in the child's treatment plan
- Collecting data and information about problematic behaviors and the child's reactions
- Reinforcing parental roles/responsibilities with the child
- Helping the child to integrate into activities
- Helping the child to improve interactional skills with peers and adults
- Helping the child to deescalate
- Helping the child to develop problem solving skills
- Helping a child who is non-verbal to master communication of their wants and needs through picture cards
- Assisting a child who struggles with peer interactions to become more socially engaged or helping a child who is failing his classes to stay focused and complete his school work
The goal of IBHS is to provide a comprehensive, individualized and behaviorally focused treatment that assists children in discovering their potential in the home, school and community.
This position has with guaranteed full time hours, paid health insurance (or waiver pay), paid time off and paid holidays.
Starting out as a BHT is a great entry level position in the Human Services field. After you gain a year of experience with a bachelor's degree you can transition into various other positions within the company. EOE